Thursday 6 March 2008

Just round the corner...

It's finally here, well at the weekend anyway. The Oxford and North Bucks County Championships 2008. This is the fastest competition i qualify for so this is a huge event for me to attend, and this is also the one i have been training hard for all year.

These Championships are held over 2 weekends, this weekend (8th and 9th March) and next weekend (15th and 16th March) - which means for the next 2 weeks i have no life. I have only entered 6 events this year (past years i have entered over 10) and these are skattered nicely across all 4 days. Below you will find the races entered and my entry time for them:

50m Breaststroke: 35.99
100m Breaststroke: 1:19.98
50m Freestyle: 29.19
100m Freestyle: 1:03.92
100m Individual Medely: 1:14.85
4x50m Medley Relay (Breaststroke Leg): 35.99

The main event i will be going for is the 50m Breaststroke. I need to swim a 33.10 to qualify for the South East Regional Championships, so fingers crossed i have worked hard enough to achieve it. I know i can swim a low 35 as i have done a 35.26 (unfortunatly it was not at a licenced meet so does not count as a qualifying time for the County Championships) so hopefully i will reduce it further and get a 33.10.

For the next 2 weeks i will not be continuing with Arnel's program, i need to rest and recover before the championships start. Once they are over i think i will be following the 50-day plan written in 'Never Gymless'. This is a monster conditioning program which i know will push me into and past my limits.

All i know is once i start training like a champion i know i have more chance of being one. That is my aim. I plan to monitor every training session between the 2008 County Championships and the 2009 County Championships and see what a monster conditioning program has done for my fitness, strength, and most importantly my times.

Have a good day,

Sean

No comments: