Monday 17 March 2008

Heading towards the Gates of Hell!

Hey all,

I was back to training today after the Oxford and North Bucks Chamionships. I did well, but no where near how well i wanted to perform. What does this mean? It means that i am only human and there is always room for improvements! So my journey now continues.

There is 34 days untill the Oxford and North Bucks MASTERS County Championships; and if i get accepted into it i will be a completely different swimmer. What can you do in 34 days? A hell of a lot, and you will understand why below.

I am now going to be swimming 5 hours 30 minutes a week with Bletchey & District Swim Club. A lot of people think that it will not be enough pool time, i will prove them wrong. My land training and conditioning has taken a HUGE turn now.

My land training is based on the teachings and information provided from Ross Enimait, using his books - Infinite Intensity, Never Gymless, and Full Throttle Conditioning. How long will i train for per day? As long as it takes to get the job done.

I will be using and adapting the 50 day plan set out in Infinite Intensity, this is my first class ticket to the gates of Hell! It all started today...

...Today, oh today - What can i say? One minute you think you are fit, then next minute you are gasping for air on the verge on collapsing. Well, thats how it was for me anyway. I did what Ross calls the 'Magic 50'.

The Magic 50 is this:
5 Reps Dumbell Snatch (5 each arm, starting with your non dominant side)
5 Reps Dumbell Swing (5 each arm, starting with your non dominant side)
10 Burpees (Thats right the ones with the push-up and jump)

Overall 50 reps. Easy?

Not exactly, you have to do it 5 times continuously. I was shaking so much after i could hardly stand in the shower, and eating dinner was a workout in itself!

I used a 15kg dumbell throughout the training session, i think i may have been able to go heavier, but i doubt i would have made all 5 sets.

So that was Day 1 of 34. What do the other 33 days contain? More pain, more hell, more sweat, more shaking, and more improvements!

All i know is i will dread every workout, but once i have finished it i will feel like a GOD!

Work hard guys, whatever your goals, one step at a time you will achieve greatness!

No comments: